With the increase of age, various organs of the human body begin to weaken gradually, and many elderly people begin to have different degrees of hearing loss, which seriously affects the normal life of the elderly. At this time, we should reasonably choose a suitable hearing aid for the elderly at home, so as to improve their hearing problems. The hearing of the elderly is poor and it is difficult to listen to people. This phenomenon is often called deafness. Deafness is clinically divided into conductive deafness caused by lesions in the outer and middle ears; sensorineural deafness caused by lesions in the inner and inner ears; mixed deafness caused by common lesions in the outer, middle and inner ears. There are many causes of deafness, such as heredity, birth injury, infection, improper use of drugs, immune diseases, physiological degradation, and some chemical poisoning. Early detection, diagnosis and treatment should be carried out for deaf patients. For conductive deafness and mixed deafness, it is necessary to find out the cause of the disease, treat thoroughly, improve the internal environment and sound transmission function of the middle ear, and restore hearing to the maximum extent.
It is a professional and complicated process to choose a hearing aid, which includes the following five steps
1. Professional hearing test: first of all, check the ear for cerumen obstruction, otitis media pus and other conditions. If there is inflammation in the ear, you can't wear a hearing aid, so that the ear plug of the hearing aid will aggravate the condition of inflammation. If you wear a hearing aid in the suppurative stage of otitis media, the pus is also easy to damage the hearing aid. Secondly, we should have a hearing test to find out the hearing status of the users. The digital hearing aid can be adjusted according to the hearing condition of different frequencies. Only when the loss of which frequency band is more or less, can the fitter make reasonable compensation, so as to achieve the best hearing aid effect and protect the residual hearing of the hearing-impaired.
2. Pre selection of hearing aids: there are many brands, types and models of hearing aids, and the sound processing technology is different. For specific users, which one is more suitable for them is a professional problem that users can not solve by themselves. Professional fitters need to help choose according to the listening results and listening needs, and try it on to see whether the effect is ideal.
3. Take ear print, make ear mold or customize hearing aid: if you choose a customized hearing aid (the "invisible" hearing aid placed in the ear), you need to print the ear mold according to the shape of the ear canal of the match person, and others can't replace it (the shape and thickness of each person's ear canal are different), so as to ensure the comfort of wearing.
4. Hearing aid debugging: after the hearing aid is made, it will be worn and debugged. The fitter will make fine adjustments on the computer again according to the audiogram and the patient's listening habits, and evaluate the use effect. The hearing-impaired can go home to use after listening. The use of hearing aids has a process of adaptation. At the beginning, the use time should not be too long, but gradually increase the time. Use it in a quiet environment first.
5. Follow up: after using for a period of time, hearing-impaired people have special needs for some specific sounds, such as listening to a certain sound too loud or too small. They can contact the fitting engineer and come to the fitting center to debug and correct the hearing aids again according to their needs.
To choose a hearing aid, we must choose a professional hearing institution, and the wearer himself or herself, accompanied by his or her family, will go to the scene for inspection, trial wearing and debugging, so as to see the effect of the hearing aid. If you buy an inappropriate hearing aid at will, you may not only feel uncomfortable such as poor wearing effect and excessive noise, or you may not be able to improve your hearing, resulting in waste. Wearing a hearing aid that does not match your hearing loss for a long time may even aggravate the hearing loss. The more you wear it, the more deaf you will be. If you have any questions about hearing aids, you can consult online at the official website of healthy hearing at any time.