How to match hearing aids?
It is a professional and complex process to choose hearing aids. The following six steps are generally followed:
Step one, check the external ear canal.
To see if there is eczema, leakage or deformity of ear canal, etc.; clean cerumen, observe the state of tympanic membrane, and preliminarily understand the causes of hearing loss.
The second step is to do the audiomechanical examination.
For most patients, pure tone audiometry is OK; if it is a child with low coordination, it is necessary to conduct auditory evoked potential, multi frequency steady-state evoked potential, 40Hz correlation potential, acoustic reflection and acoustic emission examination. Subjective testing also needs to do behavioral audiometry. After a variety of methods are used to understand the hearing threshold and dynamic range of high frequency, intermediate frequency and low frequency, it can be more accurate to check and match hearing aids.
The third step is to select the hearing aid.
According to the age, occupation and life needs of patients, it helps patients choose different hearing aids. For example, the older or very small patients with heavy hearing loss can consider wearing the earback machine, because the machine is large in appearance, easy to operate and has a large output power; for young patients, it is advisable to use concealed customized machine, which requires high sound quality and needs to select machines with complex functions and high price.
Step four: the adjustment of hearing aid.
Including order design of the customized machine, design and manufacture of the ear mold, and adjustment of the hearing aid frequency response.
Step five, the evaluation of hearing aid effect.
The evaluation methods of hearing aid immediately after wearing include true ear analysis, hearing threshold and speech resolution test in the sound field environment.
Step six: make follow-up plan.
It is important to note that after wearing hearing aids, we must follow up regularly. We should know that hearing aids are functional recuperations. Listening comprehension changes while hearing aid is usually changed. The adjustment of hearing aids also requires constant changes. Only through careful selection and follow-up can the hearing aid function be fully played.
What should be paid attention to when hearing aids are selected for the elderly deaf?
1. We must go to a special listening center, find a professional examiner to test listening and adjust hearing aids. Do not buy them in shops or pharmacies at will, or choose hearing aids only by subjective feeling.
2. There is a reasonable expectation. No matter how expensive the hearing aid is, it is not as good as your original ear, but it can help you overcome most of the difficulties. If you expect too much, it will inevitably lead to rejection and no help from it.
3. Pay attention to the training in adaptation period. Just bring on hearing aids, you will feel that the surrounding is too noisy, people can not speak clearly, hear some voice some tone, this is common. If we can follow the professional advice and carry out the training of adaptation period seriously, these discomfort can be overcome.
4. If the conditions permit, we should choose hearing aids with complete functions and good quality as possible, which can get better compensation effect. You know, listening is essential to your quality of life. If hearing loss is not compensated, it will aggravate aging and make you introduce social life too early.
5. If you find hearing loss, you should check it as soon as possible and check the appropriate hearing aid. The lighter the loss, the better the effect, even if it is gradually decreased in the future, it is easier to adjust.